Creating Technology Leaders
The CIO Academy’s mission is the education and training of information technology and operations staff, supervisors and managers with the objective of developing a state of the industry technology professional.
The academy is committed to providing education services in a classroom environment to information technology and operations management level individuals and/or potential candidates in the financial industry. Participants will gain the valuable skills needed to understand what it takes to be an effective chief information officer, chief operations officer, or IT manager in the context of today’s community financial institutions. Enroll in our academy and begin expanding your skills…today!
Level 1: Introductory
Learn the basics from expectations to regulations. This training is applicable to entry-level IT management and recently appointed or promoted senior information, operations management personnel and individuals preparing for advancement.
In this class, you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Understanding regulations versus guidance and your responsibilities
- Establishing technology standards
- Developing a plan through consensus
- Vendor management
- Contract negotiations
Level 2: Intermediate
Build on what you know. This class is aimed at information and operations management professionals who are in pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. This training is applicable to individuals in their technology or operations position for two plus years or have completed Level 1: Introductory.
In this class, you will further develop your skills in:
- IT leadership
- Vendor management
- Project management
- Strategic planning
- Business continuity planning
- Staff development
- Risk management
- Due diligence for merger and acquisitions (IT and OP’s)
Level 3: Advanced
Take a deep dive into the emerging technology trends and how these trends could potentially impact the community financial institution, your evolving responsibilities, and you. This training is applicable to individuals in senior information technology or in an operations management role at their institution for three plus years or by completing
Level 2: Intermediate.
In this class, you will:
- Interpret current technology trends and relate them to the financial industry
- Discuss how to analyze trends, review “best practices” and meet with industry vendors (not a sales pitch) to discuss their perspectives and the technology environment
- Understanding the digital native and anticipating their next step
- Understanding social media options and how to use them safely and effectively